Drain lines and trap for double bowl Kitchen sink. Dishwasher (disconnected) sits to the right of the sinks and dishwasher drain line connects to garbage disposal. Not in picture is the large window that is located directly above the sinks. The vent pipe exits the roof about 3' right of the where the sink drain enters the exterior wall.
Close up of Sink Drain Compression Fitting. I'm pretty sure it joins the new pvc drain line to the existing galvanized one.
Wahing Machine Drain located in Garage about 8' from Kitchen sinks. I've never known there to be a drainage problem.
Pressure fitting connecting Washing Machine Drain line where it passes from the garage exterior wall into the Kitchen's exterior wall, where it must drop into the main drain line.
From this view standing in the backyard, the Kitchen / Washing Machine Plumbing Vent is pictured where it exits the roof approximately 3' left of where the double Bowl Kitchen Sink drain enters the exterior wall. The Washing Machine drain is located about 5' to the left of the Plumbing Vent, but as shown in the washing machine drain picture, it connects to main drain much closer than that. The connection is somewhere inside the Kitchen exterior wall, covered by drywall, but accessible.
Kitchen / Washing Machine Vent on left, Bathroom vents on right. (2 Bathrooms include 2 sinks, 2 toilets, 1 tub/shower, 1 shower) No Drainage Problem in bathrooms.
Removing vinyl siding to get to the older siding.
I started with this and ended up expanding the opening 3' to the left of the electric douplex.
A good start but not even close to where I need to be.
Well this is where the drain leaves the kitchen. I guess I need to take down more wall. I'm liking the Fernco Fitting.
Here is a close up of all the connections at the stack. The 2" drain on the left is from the washing machine and the 1 1/2" drain on the right is from the double sink and dishwasher.
I'm hoping that all of these Fernco fittings mean my job is going to be easier than I thought. If it's possible I thinking maybe I should jsut replace everything above the stub sticking out of the slab with PVC, including the stack and the remaining 2: cast iron washing machine drain.
To th right is the kitchen. Is this ebough slope or is this party drainage probelm. Seems a bit thin on slope.
Cut the Fernco fittings loose and pulled out all of the cast iron. Left one section in temporarily to support the roof vent pipe.
A bit clogged I'd say.
Now I wonder how the water drained at all.
This 2" stub was fairly open, thank goodness. I used it to reconnect to. The 1-1/2" vent paipe was also reuseable and since it was strapped in the attic reused it also.
Replaced the rest of the washing machine drain line.
Removed all of the sink plumbing and will go back with new.
Pulled sink, I'm replacing the counter top.
Everything is dry fit together at this point and looking good. I was able to get all of my straight pipes in without any coupling joints. After this picture I pulled everything apart. Then I primed and glued them together in an order that allowed me to get all of it back together.
A closer picture shows where I made some cut outs in two of the studs to allow a single straight drain line from the elbow to the sanitary tee.
good slope this time.
As mentioned cut out the two individual studs so I could fit the drain pipe in a whole section from the elbow to sanitary Tee. Reattached stud blocks with 2-1/2 deck screws because that is what I had, 3" probably would have been better. I did protect the pipes with nailing deflector plates before closing up. I'm just the guy to drive a nail right through the pipe.
New insulation and nail deflector plates to protect the pipes. Even though know one would ever know, I'll admit than in my rush to finish I made two mistakes. One I corrected before I got to far, the other I did not think of until it was kind of late. I have crossed my fingers,. but I will do some kind of test before I go further. Here is what they are. First I began putting up the sheathing before I realized I did not add the replacement insulation. Doe! So, I pulled off the sheathing and fixed it. The second I did not think of until after I had finished replacing all of the siding. I did not test my work work for leaks. I hope I did a good job with that primer and glue. Pray for me!
Added a waterproof cover onto the exterior duplex outlet.
All back together