Shows the awning pole extensions. The extension is just a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe.
Shows the awning pole extentions. The extention is just a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe.
Electrical Box added to the frame. This is just a regular exterior outlet kit from Home Depot. I had to get a few feet of 12/2 w/ grd. UFB wire also. I just used some regular self tapping screws to connect the box to the frame. I think I have about $15.00 in the whole project.
This picture shows the location of the electrical box and another view of one of the awning poles.
This is a shot of the rear bracket for the awning pole extension. It is made from a small piece of flat steel. I just put it in a vice and bent it to make a "U" to fit the 1/2" PVC pipe.
Another shot of the rear bracket for the awning pole extension.
This is a shot of the front bracket for the awning pole extension.
I used one of my heavier duty emergency blankets to make a solar cover for the bunk end. (I used these because I already had one and I only needed to buy two more for the front. Total of $25.00 invested.) The small bed only needed one blanket with no modification. Right now, I just have some clothes pins holding it on while I sized everything. I'm on my way to get some of the heavy duty binder clips to hold them on better.
A shot of the front solar blanket. The front bunk end needed two blankets. Right now I just used duct tape to make them the right size. After a little tweaking I will end up sewing them together.
Another shot of the front bunk end solar blanket
A complete shot of the backside awning. I don't have it completely tight. That's why there is some sag in the middle. The frame is made out of 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings. The top was made from an old tarp I had that had some holes in it. I used some small rope with s hooks to tie it to the camper. Most people I've seen do this mod use bungees. The only reason I didn't is because I already had the rope and s hooks. I only have a coupl eof bucks in the entire thing.
This is the bracket I made from PVC fittings for the backside awning I made.
This is the outside corner on the backside awning. I just drilled a hole in the elbow and used a piece of rope with an S hook to connect it to the camper.
The whole set up in the backyard.
Gray H2O system parts: 1 Plastic Fry Oil Container, 1 Scrap Garden Hose Piece w/ Female End.
Hose connected to bottom of camper
Plastic jug in place underneath camper. As you can see, the jug barely fits underneath because my camper sits pretty low.
Hose connected to camper and jug underneath. You can see that the garden hose just sits inside the jug.
Hose connected to camper and jug underneath
Here's the bracket I bolted to the bunk end support post.
Side shot of wire shelving used
Shelf sitting in bracket that is attached to support post
I used an old strap with a buckle to run through the wire shelf & over the bunk end support to hold the front end of the shelf up. I suppose you could run a longer strap if you wanted to make it stronger to hold more weight on each side. I'm not planning on putting anything heavy up there so I figured this would suffice since I already had two of them.
Here's the whole thing put together.
I just put the two chairs up there just to add some weight to it.
Added some treated 1X4 to the pads of my BAL leveler to make it fit my tires a little better. I just used some small carriage bolts I had to bolt them on.
A side shot to show that the bolts do not protrude so it shouldn't affect the tire.
I didn't take a detailed picture of this installed as I figure most are smart enough to know its just a piece of styrofoam cut to size to fit under the mattress in between the alum. side rails but this is the insulation I used. It doesn't show here but it has alum. foil on the other side. I used 1/2" thick for an R Value of 3.2