The hat in somewhat better focus -- guess I could use one of those display heads...
Inside the hat -- the organza lining is sheer, but that's OK because the white buckram inside the sideband is completely hidden by the petersham (grosgrain-looking) ribbon. Apparently I should have shaped the petersham much more, because it's ruffling at the top, but at least that doesn't show when the hat's worn.
Top of the hat -- the yarn attachment was strategically placed to hide a glue stain
Failed first version. I wanted to see if this would work in organza, with wire but without buckram, and with yarn decoration. I managed to stretch out the organza while hand-basting the yarn on, resulting in an unattractive slight cone shape and wrinkly look. It also seemed to need at least two layers to be stiff enough, and I really don't like the color this fabric gets to be once there are two layers of it.
This got to the point of sewing the wires in when I decided to ditch it. I'll salvage the wires.