Here we have Bambi's friend "Thumper." I obtained replacement L130 decals and moved them to the back of the hood. JD green is tough to match; but I got lucky with a green bar of color from the JD website and www.CafePress.com printers do better at rendering color than my HP printer.
I sure wish they made the pinup stickers in mirror images.
We'll see how long this sticker lasts since it will be prone to gasoline splash during refueling. The faint white line around the sticker is the white vinyl that "Thumper" is printed on. The pinup stickers are printed on clear vinyl.
This is where the RIO (Reverse Implement Option) switch (a.k.a. Lawyer Switch) used to be. The RIO switch is designed to prevent mowing in reverse. Since we don't have kids and pets, the Lawyer Switch was annoying as I would forget to press it before mowing in reverse, thereby killing the engine. The plastic cap fits a 3/4" hole and was obtained at Ace Hardware for about 60-cents.
The Lawyer Switch, which is a Normally Open momentary contact type. It will go in the spare parts drawer.
The blue 16 GA. (18 GA should work too) jumper wire plugs into the Lawyer Switch plug. It is dangling loose for the photo. I keep it tied up against the rest of the wires shown in the photo.
The RIO system on the JD Lawn & Garden tractors consists of two switches. The first is a Normally Closed momentary contact switch connected to the reverse pedal. When the mower deck is running and the reverse pedal is engaged, the switch is opened and the engine stops; unless the N.O. RIO switch on the dash is pressed prior to going into reverse. The jumper just makes normally open circuit permanently closed. In the case of my JD, this circuit is de-energized unless the mower deck is running.
Just a nice simple bungee cord to hold the discharge chute up and out of the way while "Thumper" is in the garage napping between mowings.
Thumper's old teeth and her new set. Pretty obvious why she had problems eating weeds. Now if she could spit out rocks and dirt before they wreck her teeth.
I got most of the crud removed from the deck; primarily the crap on the sides that the blades could hit. This year I'm going to let the clippings discharge the mower deck instead of trying to mulch them. Maybe I'll have less build-up.
This is all the crud I chipped off with a 24oz. ball-peen hammer and an 18" wrecking bar. The weed clippings, "claycrete" dirt, and water form a concrete like substance.
The second time this year (2009) that I had to clean the deck of the claycrete-vegetation debris.
My Lemon-130's electric PTO clutch puked at 56-hours due to bearing cage failure. Note the bearing seal fell off when I removed the clutch. So much current went through the clutch that the factory connector melted to the clutch connector.
To get the old clutch off required a home-made wrench and a borrowed impact wrench. The open end side was made first from reading the measurements of the shaft flats in an inspection mirror. Unfortunately this made it too weak to use when installing the new clutch. Therefore a box-end was made for the job. Having the old clutch on hand made it easier to get a better fit.
The new clutch. In order to get a factory connector, I would have had to buy a new wiring harness. No thanks! This works just as well and a Sharpie marker made the classy wire color labels. Here's hoping this one lasts as these things aren't cheap at about $150+.