A cardboard box and masking tape was used to make a form for plaster of Paris. The old windscreen can be seen (face down) in the center of the form.
Plaster of Paris hardening over the windscreen. I sprayed the form surface with Pam before pouring in the plaster of Paris.
The windscreen mold after removing from the form.
The mold after applying some touch-up plaster and sanding. I used a surform rasp and plaster sandpaper to shape and smooth the mold to match the inner curve of the windscreen.
The mold and a 1 ft square piece of Vivak plastic before heating in our kitchen oven. This plastic becomes soft and pliable at about 250 degrees. This step is best done when your spouse is away for several hours.
The windscreen fresh from the oven. I used oven mitts to press and form the plastic over the mold. This left some minor impressions in the plastic which had to be sanded and polished away. Next time I'll use a top mold to form the plastic over the bottom mold.
The new windscreen marked for trimming.
The new windscreen after trimming with a woodworking bandsaw.
The new windscreen on the bike.
The new windscreen after painting.