The following images have all been donated by the residents of Scarborough and some by the Scarborough Evening News. Each one has a story to tell and those stories are available by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spa Bridge opened 1827 and the house where Anne Bronte died, behind.
Spa Bridge toll removal 1951
Valley Bridge reclaimed from the Ouse riverbed in 1861 and opened in 1865. Widened 1928.
Pavillion Hotel 1870 to 1973 and Scarborough station opened in 1845
Lord Derwent first president of Scarborough Cricket Club formed in 1849.
The Dutchess of Kent the only female president of SCC.
Maud Clark and Ned Hall sent to an Australian penal colony for 7 years and returned 1880.
Mary Eves outside 45 Quay Street
Dutch herring fishermen.
Three generations of Tom Rowleys
Tunny fishing from the 1930s to 1950s
Picnic on the West Pier amongst the fish boxes!
Fishermen and Firemen boxing day football match.
North Bay pier opened 1869 destroyed 1905 in a storm.
Scarborough's North Bay pier built 1869 destroyed in a storm 1905
Warwick Tower opened 1898 closed 1907.
North Bay cliff lift in background.
North Bay open air pool opened 1938 closed 2007.
Corner Cafe closed 2007 replaced by Sands appartments.
Marine Drive opened 1908, built in 10 years. Borough engineer Harry Smith. Still in use today.
1970 North Bay snow
North Bay railway opening 1931
Only crash 1932.
Open Air theatre programme. Opened 1932 last show 1968. Re-opened 2010.
Open air theatre cast Christmas party at the Grand Hotel
Mr Marvels 1970s
Old town before 1930 clearances. Dumple Street etc.
Corner shops now gone.
Odeon Circus 1951
First ration free petrol bank holiday 1951.
Scarborough Marine Engineering, last boatyard closed 2007.
Staff at the Nalgo holiday camp.