After checking that the card is working i poped the hood open.
End of the card detail
The way to crack open the hood over the internal antennas.
Here are the internal stuff.
After desoldering the antennas.
For testing purpose only I put these big leads directly connected to a DIY Cantenna.
To be able to fit the connectors inside the wl card, i had to make myself a little space.
There i gave a shot with a little saw. After taking off the first chunk, i looked closely before letting an "Oh Crap!" out.
This card is a multi-layered pcb. If i remember rite, there are four of them. There hoping i didn't do damage i used a small file to make shure no peace of metal would shortcut between two layers.
Here i dig more space for the connector base, and a hole to let it out of the case.
One done, one to go!
Its just so tight inside. :P
Put the card back together. And it is ready to go.
After testing to avoid pulling out your connector by screwing the antennas or even their weight (7/9dbi omni for example), I filled up the inside with epoxy putty.
I dunno what is the influence on N wl network, but on G it's awesome!
There is nothing useful there and i had a hell of a time tu put that back plate back on.
Here is an earlier realization made with DWL-G650 and a connector harvested from a broken wl card.
Works great but since my computer no longer have PCMCIA I had to change for the DWA.
Fine whiskey can makes fine cantenna! :)