Buan Hyanggyo - Buan County, North Jeolla Province, South Korea (Confucian School)
Buan Hyanggyo (Confucian school) was established in 1414, destroyed by fire in 1597 during the Japanese Invasion, rebuilt in 1600 and again in 1810. Structures found at the hyanggyo are Dongjae, Seojae, Yangsajae, Jeonsagak, Jindeokjae, Manhwaru, as well as Daeseongjeon and Myeongnyundang. Daeseongjeon in the Buan Hyanggyo is where memorial tablets of Five Chinese sages (Confucius, Zengzi, Zisi, Anzi, and Mencius), four Confucian scholars of the Song dynasty of China, including Jhu Xi, and Eighteen scholars of the Silla, Goryeo, Choseon periods of Korea (Seol Chong, Choe Chiwon, An Yu, Jeong Mong-ju, etc.), are enshrined.
The Daeseongjeon in Buan Hyanggyo Jeollabuk-do Cultural Property Material #93.
Oct 1, 2013