Hellyers Creek, at the end of Manuka Rd.
I shot this photo of the dog swimming at the end or our road partly for experimenting with selections.
Here i have introduced another dog, swimming, selected and copied from another photograph, scaled to appropriate size for this picture and added as a new layer, moved into position then anchored and the layers merged down.
Now I have copied and pasted some water surface and pasted it over the original dog swimming. I touched up the edges with the clone tool to finish, once the layers were merged down.
Try switching back and forth between these pictures!
Here is the original of the second dog, swimming in the surf at another beach. I used various tools to select the dog, then copied and pasted the image into the other photograph.
Here is the cropped image with black background. Not sure why it's black as it should have been
Swimming dog, 2/02/2010, from image 100_9521.jpg
Here it is as a GIF image, with transparent background.
Latest selection using contiguous colour select, combined with quick-mask. Also saved this in .png format as an easier way of keeping the transparency.
Here I have copied and pasted the new selection as a new layer, resized the layer, moved into new position and anchored it. Rough selection in my latest attempt blends in well with new water any way, so no need for exact accuracy. Might have included some of the water below dog in original image, to show shadow underwater.
Final attempt at this composite scene, with some 'wake' following and 'shadow' to increase realism.
Downloaded this picture to practice on. Tutorial at http://www.siox.org/manual.html
I extracted the foreground, copied and pasted it into two layers. Resised the one behind to 75%. Could have cloned some grass over the hoofs for better effect of embeded images.
This is the original picture, as downloaded. Base layer.
I have now cloned grass over the foreground image on a second layer, after extracting it from the base image.
Here I have pasted the foreground image as a new layer, resised it to 75% and switched it around horisontally.
Now I have added in the original foreground as a new layer, slightly overlapping the previous reduced-size image, to give the illusion of perspective.